The thought. Who hasn’t had it after watching the news, seeing a post on social media, or hearing about a story from a friend, “So and so’s child was ________.” Fill in the blank. And later, when you’re by yourself driving or sitting in your comfy chair, the thought comes…. FEAR.
Well, I think it’s time to get out our badge and tell it exactly what the Bible tells us to say, “FEAR, YOU ARE ARRESTED!”
In 2 Corinthians 10:5, it tells us to take EVERYTHING that sets itself against God, and take those thoughts captive! The dictionary gives us a few definitions of “captive” as:
- A prisoner
- Enslaved or dominated
- Kept in confinement or restraint
When the “fear” thought comes, we can quickly judge it against ONE verse in the Bible and know where it is coming from, John 10:10. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” Jesus here tells us that HE comes to bring LIFE, that we may have it to the full, abundantly! The enemy, on the other-hand, comes to STEAL life, STEAL Joy, STEAL peace! When this comes, we need to recognize it and LINE IT UP WITH THE WORD and ARREST IT!
TODAY, I want you to get really good at applying scripture BOLDLY. As Believers, we have JESUS in our corner, and we have the ability to know and apply the Word of God. In every battle against the enemy, YOU SHOULD WIN! It first begins with you knowing who you are (A WINNER because Jesus defeated Satan on the cross, therefore, YOU WIN) and knowing and using the tools in your arsenal to defeat the enemy. So here goes… I’m going to give you some scripture AND confessions to apply. Take a few minutes to save these on your cell phone or better yet, SET a REMINDER on your phone with these confessions. Make it a DAILY part of your agenda and KICK SATAN’S BUTT where fear is concerned. Take your place of authority and don’t allow thoughts of fear to trample you anymore!! Get BOLD and BE THE BOSS you were created to be!
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) – “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
- Recognize what God has given you, NOT the spirit of fear. So WHO is trying to put this spirit of fear on you? You guessed it, the ENEMY, Satan. So today, CONFESS: I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of POWER, and of love, and of a sound mind. Therefore, I rebuke thoughts of fear. I walk in Power. I walk in Love. I walk in a Sound Mind, In Jesus Name!
- Deuteronomy 31:6 (AMP) – “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble in dread before them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will NOT fail you or abandon you.”
- How cool is this?! Not only are we commanded not to be afraid, but we’re given something better! Picture this, JESUS HIMSELF is WALKING WITH YOU! The very Man who raised Lazarus up from the dead, went into the room of Jairus’ dead daughter and told her to GET up and she did, spoke to the servant of the Centurion and from miles away he came back to life! THIS is the Jesus you have WALKING WITH YOU ALWAYS! So today, CONFESS this: Thank you Lord that I am courageous. You go with me and my children EVERYWHERE we go. YOU will not fail us or abandon us! Thank you that because YOU are on my side I have VICTORY! In Jesus Name!
- Psalm 91:11 (TLB) – “For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go.”
- This is one of my favorites that my children even confess! Tyler Jr knew this one by MEMORY by age 3! So we see, not only Jesus goes with us from Deut 31:6, but He also gives His angels charge over us, to PROTECT US! How cool is that?! So today, CONFESS this: Thank you Lord that YOU ORDER your angels to protect me, my family and my children! Thank you that BIG angels go with each of my children as they play and learn today. Thank you that they are protected EVERYWHERE they go and SO AM I! Right now, I put our angels to work! GO ANGELS, protect us from every side! (As it says in Isaiah 52:12 – “For the Lord will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard.”)
- Malachi 3:10-11 – “Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer [insects and plagues] for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field…”
- This is a great promise for all the tither’s out there! And if you are NOT a tither, this is a good reason to start (aside from the awesome fact that He will OPEN the windows of heaven over you!) We call this our “Tither’s RIGHT”! When you tithe, you AUTOMATICALLY put Malachi 3:10-11 into affect, and as a byproduct bring heavenly protection onto your CHILDREN! All you parents’ out there, what is the FRUIT of your ground? Of your body? It’s your children! As a tither, you put this into affect for you! The LORD WILL rebuke the devourer for your sake. (And as a sidenote, the last underlined part is a great confession to NOT miscarry if you are pregnant!) So today, CONFESS this: Thank you Lord for MY Tither’s Right! Thank you that because I am a tither, you PROMISE to rebuke the enemy for my sake. Thank you that the fruit of my ground, my children, will not be destroyed but protected by You!
Finally, take a quick look at the story of Job. In Job 3:25, what was it that caused the enemy an entrance or a foothold in Job’s life? You guessed it, FEAR. It says, “For what I have feared has come upon me.” So friend, let’s NOT live in fear, when we recognize the first sign of it trying to come onto our mind, if you don’t have time to go back over all your confessions, you can simply whisper out-loud. “No, I take that thought captive unto the obedience of Christ Jesus! I refuse to fear! Thank you Lord that you promise to protect me, my spouse, children, & family. I thank you that I FEAR NOT, but I put my hope and trust in You! Thank you Lord!”
Have a blessed day friend! And…. tell me, what are your tips on staying in peace and out of fear? I’d love to hear your wisdom!!